Vuzix Wrap 1200VR with USB extension is not detected
Vuzix Forums
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Vuzix Wrap 1200VR with USB extension is not...Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 9/30/2013 4:00:12 PM
I have a Wrap 1200VR with the VGA connector and a USB extension but the goggles are'n detected by my Windows 7 (32bits) or they are detected as Unknown device.
This is the extension http://www.sabrent.com/category/cables/USB-EXC2/

Do you recommend to me some other extension?

Thanks!
Post #7400
Posted 7/8/2013 7:21:28 AM

Vuzix Software Engineer

Vuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software EngineerVuzix Software Engineer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 4/21/2014 12:47:31 PM
We have not tested our devices with active USB extensions, but passive extensions work fine. I would suggest using a passive cable if the length is acceptable.
Post #7405
Posted 7/8/2013 9:15:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

The length needed for the cable is more than 3mts that's why we need this kind of USB extensions.
Post #7406
Posted 7/8/2013 9:37:31 AM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:53:36 AM
If you are using a long USB extension then I suspect you are also using a VGA cable extension and possibly other components such as a USB hub etc and any of these could be the cause of recognition issue you describe.

Have you tried connecting the Wrap 1200VR eyewear directly to the host computer? Does this direct connection work? By eliminating each connection and cable used to achieve the desired length you can identify where the failure occurs. As mentioned by my colleague, this product has not been tested with that length of extension. I can however state that it does work with a 10 ft (3 meter) extension as I use such an extension on a frequent basis to connect to a floor mounted tower beside my desk. Also note that if you are using a USB hub it must be externally powered as the USB itself does not provide sufficient power through a hub. The cables must also be a sufficient quality. I have seen numerous people attempt to use a variety of cables unsuccessfully yet achieve success simply by changing up to a higher quality of cable.
Post #7407
Posted 7/8/2013 11:23:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Yes, we have the USB extension that i metioned on the main question post.

A question about the extension:
It's there a HDMI extension that i can use?
Post #7408
Posted 7/8/2013 3:53:42 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:53:36 AM

I am beginning to get a little confused now. In your opening post you stated "I have a Wrap 1200VR with the VGA connector and a USB extension..." Since the Wrap 1200VR is a VGA product, it connects to a computer using two cables, a VGA cable and connection for the video and a USB 2.0 cable and connection for audio, data and power. HDMI connectivity is not an option with this product so how or why would you want to use an HDMI extension?
Post #7409
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: TechSupport, Daddo, Tech_Support

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:16am